Foreign TV/Film Productions in Thailand on the rise – New Location Clusters Annnounced
Thailand’s unmatched diversity of locations and scenery have helped it to increase foreign films shot in Thailand by 15% last year. China was No. 1 with almost 50 movies shot in Thailand in 2016.
The Thailand Film Ofice is now offering a group of 8 strategic location clusters to further boost film productions in Thailand.
Planning a film or TV production is relatively hassle free. Any production company coming to Thailand to shoot has to hire a local company such as us for handling all legal and production arrangements. We get all required film permissions, assist in getting filming work permits, provide top notch crew, equipment and any special requirements production companies might have.
Each year there are hundreds of foreign film and TV productions coming to Thailand including TV comercials, documentaries, TV series and TV shows and feature films from all over the world. For this year, The Thai Film Office has announced cash incentives of up to 20% of production value. This is a massive incentive for any production coming here.
But back to the 8 strategic location clusters. They are:
1. Lanna Cluster (Includes provinces of Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang and Phayao) – This group has flat river plains, hilly terrain of the Thai highlands.
2. South Eastern Cluster (Includes provinces Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram, Surin, Sisaket and Ubon Ratchathani)
3. Active Beach Cluster (Includes provinces Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat) – Provides paradise like beaches and islands such as Chang Island or Koh Kut island with blue water beaches.
4. Royal Coast Cluster (Includes provinces Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, and Ranong) – Beaches, hot springs, waterfalls, mountains and more.
5. Andaman Cluster (Includes provinces Phuket, Krabi, Phang Nga, Trang, and Satun) – Thailand’s biggest hub for tourism and a large Yaht stopover.
6. Cultural World Heritage Cluster (Includes provinces Sukhothai, Kamphaengphet, Phitsanulok, and Tak) Think beautiful waterfalls and cool Hill Tribe Markets on the way to Mae Sot.
7. Khong River Cluster (Includes provinces Loei, Nongkhai, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, and Buengkan: Mountainous and hilly and scenic river side beauty.
8. Chao Phraya River Cluster (Includes provinces Singburi, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Pathumthani, and Nonthaburi)